Charlotte’s best roofing contractor can inspect your roof
Charlotte’s best roofing contractor inspects your roof to note areas with damage that need reinforcing. Roof inspections by the experts are often detailed to flush out every problem including leaks and missing shingles before they can start repairs.
Are you thinking about roof repairs or replacements? Hire an expert first to handle the inspection and advice you accordingly. You however need to prepare in advance to make sure that the inspection goes as per plan. Here’s what to do when preparing.
Get your family to safety
Sometimes, a roof inspection can be unsafe, so it is advisable that you get your family to a safe location. Schedule the inspection at a time when the household is less busy. You can get them to a temporary location as you handle inspection and repairs to make sure they remain safe.
Do your homework
The fact that you are inviting an expert over does not mean you shouldn’t know anything about the house. It is necessary that the information you seek relates to other roofing options and how they can be applicable to you. Knowing what works allows you to ask the right questions about the type of roof you will install.
Here are some of the things Charlotte’s best roofing contractor will look out for during the inspection.
- Incorrect flashing – One of the most important parts of your roof is the flashing, and if it’s done incorrectly, there may be unsealed areas vulnerable to water damage.
- Leaks – The inspector will determine how serious a leak is on the roof and in the attic if you’ve discovered one inside your home. However, if you’re not actively looking for leaks, inspectors can potentially find leaks before they are bad enough for you to notice them.
- Structural concerns – Your inspector will be on the lookout for signs of immediate structural issues, such as a drooping roof deck, light entering places it shouldn’t, and other problems.
- Aged and worn shingles – The shingles will be examined by your inspector to see if they are curled, thinning, losing granules, missing, or otherwise damaged.
- Mold and decay – A competent inspection will identify any mold or rot present if there has been water damage to the property.
Find Charlotte’s best roofing contractor for your roof inspection
After the inspection, your roofing contractor will most likely find items that need repairs. Working with the best roofing contractor in Charlotte can help you get the best results.
Steele Restoration is a fully licensed and insured Charlotte NC and Greenville SC-based general contractor and roofing company specializing in roofing, siding, and storm damage restoration for single-family homes, multi-family complexes, and commercial and industrial sites. We service Charlotte and surrounding areas, including Rock Hill, Lake Norman, Steele Creek, Matthews, Ballantyne, and Blakeney, along with Greenville and Spartanburg SC areas.