Property insurance claim for your roof: an overview
Property insurance claims require some understanding and there are a lot of procedures to follow. In the event when a violent storm damages your roof and other parts of your home, burglar breaks in or a grilling accident leaves a visiting guest injured, a certain form of claim can be presented. In the event of any form of a natural hazard that leaves your house in a bad state, you might need to file a claim with your insurance company. As part of the agreement between you and your insurer, a claim against your property policy comes with rules and procedures that both your insurance company and you must follow.
It is very important to read your policy to know exactly what are your responsibilities.
Property insurance claim: how to get you started
Property insurance does not cover all types of claims. However, to know what works in your case, you need to go through your contract and know what is applicable in your case. Below are few steps on how to get started:
- If your property insurance covers theft: in the event where your home has been vandalized, burglarized or you were a victim, the first thing you need to do is to inform the police. Get your police report and move to the next step;
- Call your insurance company immediately and ask the following questions: this and this happened, Am I covered? How long do I have to file a claim? How long will it take you to process my claim? Will my claim exceed my deductible? Should I request estimates for repairs to structural damage? Then after this;
- Swiftly fill out claim forms if you intend that you’ll be needing to claim your insurance company. Send this form in due time to ensure compliance; then
- Have your insurance adjuster inspect the damages. Your insurer will probably arrange for an adjuster to come for an inspection. This adjuster will interview you and inspect your property; and
- Prepare your list of damaged or lost articles and hive a copy of this list to your adjuster.
After doing the above, your claims will be reviewed and your insurer will give you feedback.
Expert guidance for property insurance claims in Charlotte, NC
Looking for a roofing company for property repair and guidance with property insurance claims? Steele Restoration is your go-to company! Steele Restoration is a fully licensed and insured Charlotte NC based general contractor and roofing company specializing in roofing, siding, and storm damage restoration for single-family homes, multi-family complexes, and commercial and industrial sites. We service Charlotte and surrounding areas including Rock Hill, Lake Norman, Steele Creek, Matthews, Ballantyne, and Blakeney. Call us today!