Storm damage roof repair company knows how important it is to fix your Greenville SC roofs as soon as possible. It can cause long-term damage if not fixed in time.
Roof damages by storms
- Missing Shingles: Asphalt shingles can be blown off by strong winds, leaving some portions of your roof vulnerable to leaks and unprotected. To avoid further, more severe water damage, take immediate action on this situation. Be aware that when there are significant missing shingle patches, some homeowners decide to replace the complete roofing system. By doing this, they may strengthen their home’s weather protection and maintain curb attractiveness.
- Leaks: When objects strike your roof during a storm, holes may be made in it and the shingles may become damaged. Water can then pass through the gaps and drip into the interior. Your home’s temperature and comfort level may be impacted by leaks. Regardless of how few the leaks may be, get a roofing contractor right away to fix your roof.
- Loss Of Granules: To keep indoor temperatures at a comfortable level, shingle particles assist in heat reflection from the sun. Another typical roofing issue during storms is granule loss.
- Hail Damage: Hail damage is less obvious after a storm than wind damage. However, you might look for cracked shingles, dented shingles from hard impacts, broken roof vents, and outside pipes to determine the degree of the damage. The effect of hail on a roof varies from one roof to the next based on the materials and construction method employed. For instance, rubber roofs offer remarkable levels of impact resistance and can sustain damage from hail.
Importance of storm damage roof repair
- Shortened Roof Lifespan: Because of weakened durability, the roof will have a shortened lifespan. Asphalt shingles, rubber roofs, and other materials will have reduced about 30-50% from their estimated length of service without permanent repairs, which can possibly amount to 5-10 years removed from their respective lifespan. This is why after a storm, you should inspect the damage on your roof and repair whatever needs to be repaired.
- Reduced Curb Appeal and Property Value: If the appropriate storm damage roof repair is not made, holes, bruises, and cracks are readily visible from the pavement. The damaged roof will require significant repairs to be fully functional again, which will increase the value of your home if you intend to sell it soon.
- Ponding For Flat Roofs: Homes with flat roofs will develop water ponds in uneven regions as a result of prolonged, heavy rainstorms. These pools continually put stress on synthetic materials if untreated. Tearing and leakage may result from this. Ponded water on metal roofs can corrode, which then results in leaks.
Find top storm damage roof repair company in Greenville and Spartanburg SC area
If you’ve got a roof, you need us! We’re here to sort out all your roofing problems so you don’t have to suffer through another restless night. While you’re busy with your everyday life, we’re here to sort out the behind-the-scenes to make sure you don’t have too much on your plate. We’re just a call away! Steele Restoration is a fully licensed and insured Charlotte NC and Greenville SC-based general contractor and roofing company specializing in roofing, siding, and storm damage restoration for single-family homes, multi-family complexes, and commercial and industrial sites. We service Charlotte and surrounding areas including Rock Hill, Lake Norman, Steele Creek, Matthews, Ballantyne, and Blakeney, along with Greenville and Spartanburg SC areas.